Monday, May 3, 2010

Quite a Hard Week

Hello my ever faithful blog disciples! I am a horrendous blogger and have completely forgotten I had one! But I shall try to be more diligent with my blogging :) This past week has been quite a trying one for us North Carolinians. We have had a total of seven teenage deaths all brutal and shocking to hear :( The youngest being a 12 year old girl killed by an oncoming car. These deaths have taken a toll on our youth group, as many of our members were friends with these people. As we have stumbled depressingly through this week we have begun to even more lean upon one another for support and comfort. It is amazing in that what seems to be a awful situation can bring about stunning results. Yesterday while studying the Psalms I came upon these verses : "For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation. He is only my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken." (Psalms 62:1-2) These verses were just what the doctor ordered. I was greatly heartened and was given a new perspective. With God as my Savior why should I fear anything? Death especially. Christ died for us and death is dead! Although it is still a very real thing, death no longer has any sting! Praise the Lord above for his great sacrifice!

1 comment:

Anna Gray said...

The 12 year old that was killed, was Lindsey Hipp. She went to our church and we know her family.

The people in the car accident that was close to HPCA (High Point Christian Academy) were all of my dad's students.